2017 Tuono V4 Factory 1100
For the fastest and sportiest naked ever, a direct descendant of the RSV4, four-time world SBK champion, a new evolutionary step has arrived which allows exceptional levels of performance to be achieved. The new, sophisticated electronic management includes an advanced dynamic controls package with APRC, cornering ABS, pit limiter and cruise control. The inimitable 175 HP V4 earns Euro 4 approval, without sacrificing any of its superb performance. The platform also receives improved suspension, brakes, and much more.
Supernaked / superfast
Simply unrivaled. Now more than ever. The Aprilia naked range, heir to a family of motorbikes which has been voted over time as one of the most adrenaline pumping and efficient bikes ever, achieves absolute performance levels and sophistication, thanks to Aprilia's know-how acquired over years of winning premier level competitions and the experience of the Tuono history, which is thus confirmed as the only superbike stripped down and fitted with a high handlebar, unbeatable on the track and loads of fun on the road. The Tuono V4 family of motorbikes is made up of two distinctly outfitted models. Tuono V4 1100 RR represents an exceptional thrill machine, the heir to a dynasty of naked sport bikes acclaimed by critics as the most effective and fastest bike in its segment. Tuono V4 1100 Factory is the more exclusive version, dedicated to an extremely demanding public; this bike is equipped with components which are largely derived from the Aprilia RSV4 RF superbike. The evolutionary step that Aprilia presents for 2017 involves both models that, as before, therefore continue to stand out for their factory outfitting and the graphics.
Completely revamped electronics for 2017
The Tuono V4 1100 RR and Tuono V4 1100 Factory APRC include:
- New ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable on the fly, (without having to release the throttle) to 8 settings thanks to a practical joystick, now has even more fine tuned and higher performance operating logic.
- New AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control, adjustable to 3 levels, has new, much more precise operating strategies thanks to the repositioning of the inertial platform. Wheelie control can now be adjusted on the fly without closing the throttle, like the ATC, thanks to the new and more practical left side electric block.
- New ALC: Aprilia Launch Control, for use on the track only, with 3 settings, uses even more effective new operating strategies.
- New AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox that allows shifting without closing the throttle and without using the clutch, now with the downshift function as well, to allow clutchless downshifting. Its open-throttle downshifting feature is exclusive.
- New APL: Aprilia Pit Limiter, the system that lets you select and limit the top speed allowed in pit lane at the track or simply to make it easier to comply with posted speed limits on the road.
- New ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control. The new electronic management has allows an advanced cruise control system to be introduced, very convenient on longer trips because it lets you maintain the set speed without touching the throttle.
The new Tuono V4 1100 range is fitted with the advanced multimap Cornering ABS system, developed in collaboration with Bosch to guarantee maximum safety on the road, without sacrificing any performance on the track. The 9.1 MP system, with truly contained weight and dimensions, is able to optimize braking and the ABS intervention in corners, thanks to a specific algorithm that constantly monitors various parameters such as lateral acceleration, the pressure applied to the front brake lever, the lean, pitch and yaw angle, modulating the braking action in order to better guarantee the ratio between deceleration and stability. The new ABS system works in unison with the Aprilia RLM (Rear Liftup Mitigation) system that limits the lift of the rear wheel during more abrupt braking. Cornering ABS, fine tuned in accordance with Aprilia's specific indications, is adjustable to 3 levels of sensibility and can be switched off. In order to allow riders with various levels of experience to find the best possible combination, each of the three Cornering ABS maps can be combined with any of the three new engine maps (Sport, Track, Race). The latter are all three “full power” and differ in the way they dole out the 175 HP of which the Aprilia V4 is capable, in addition to the percentage of engine brake dedicated to them.
Color TFT Instrumentation
The total revamping of the Tuono's electronics management is completed by the new color TFT Instrumentation, a true digital computer with exceptional display options. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes.
Aprilia Multimedia platform (V4-MP) + Smartphone = performance
The color TFT digital instrumentation is also entirely new, with exceptional display options. The two selectable screen pages (Road and Race, both with night and day backlighting) correspond to as many represented indexes. There is an optional new version of the V4-MP, the Aprilia multimedia platform that lets you connect your smartphone to the vehicle, introducing a true corner by corner electronic settings calibration system with data that can subsequently be downloaded to your laptop (or displayed directly on the smartphone screen) for analysis, just like they do at the races. The new V4-MP adds a new connection protocol that reduces smartphone battery consumption to a minimum, in addition to providing a larger range of circuits already mapped in which you can manage the electronic settings corner by corner, as well as user acquisition of a new circuit that is not in the list Aprilia has provided. V4-MP includes the new infotainment system, introduced by Aprilia for the first time on the new Tuono V4, to manage voice commands and incoming/outgoing telephone calls with your smartphone.
- 1077 cc 65º V4
- 172 HP (129 kW) @ 11,000 rpm
- 89 ft-lb (121 Nm) @ 9,000 rpm
- Double overhead camshaft (DOHC)
- Four valves per cylinder
- 6-speed cassette type gearbox with slipper clutch
- Ride by Wire with 3 engine mappings (Sport, Race, Track)
- Aluminium dual beam chassis with pressed and cast sheet elements
- Öhlins adjustable steering damper
- Öhlins NIX upside-down fork, 43 mm fork body Adjustable spring preload, independent rebound and compression
- Öhlins STX 46 single shock absorber with remote reservoir, adjustable spring preload, independently adjustable compression and rebound.
- Front Brake: Brembo M50 4-piston mono-block radial calipers. Radial pump and steel braided brake lines; 330 mm floating double disc with aluminum carrier
- Rear Brake: Brembo 32 mm 2 isolated piston caliper. Rear brake pump with integrated reservoir and steel braided lines; 220mm disc
- ABS: C-ABS Bosch 9.1MP, de-selectable, adjustable to 3 mappings, with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation) strategy
- Dry Weight: 397 lbs (185 kg)
APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) system including:
- (ATC ) traction control
- (AWC) wheelie control
- (ALC) launch control
- (AQS) quick shifter with auto-blipper
- (ACC) cruise control
- (APL) pit limiter
- Cornering ABS, all Independently settable and de-selectable. V4-MP 2.0 as standard.
- All 2015 and newer Aprilia Motorcycles include a 2-year unlimited-mileage warranty. *Limits are outlined in the warranty booklet